Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Ministry of Education
Saudi Electronic University
المملكة العربية السعودية
الجامعة السعودية الإلكترونية
College of Administrative and Financial Sciences
Communication Management (MGT 421)
Due Date: 16/7/2022 @ 23:59
Course Name: Student’s Name:
Course Code: MGT421 Student’s ID Number:
Semester: Summer Semester CRN:
For Instructor’s Use only
Instructor’s Name: Sulaiman Albawardi
Students’ Grade: /15 Level of Marks: High/Middle/Low
General Instructions – PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY
• The Assignment must be submitted on Blackboard (WORD format only) via allocated folder.
• Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
• Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented, marks may be reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.
• Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
• Late submission will NOT be accepted.
• Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions.
• All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) font. No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism).
• Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.
1.1 Recognize and memorize concepts of communication theory as they affect business organizations and the individuals in them.
2.1 Perform all communication abilities, including thinking, writing, speaking, listening, and assessing the technology.
Part 1: Critical Thinking
Evaluating Professional Credibility
Amal has been a shift supervisor of a team of nurses for the past three years. The other nurses trust her judgment because she has a track record of successfully treating patients and she is considered an expert in many aspects of nursing. The other nurses also trust her to make good decisions because she stays aware of each nurse’s career goals and she gives them assignments that will help them grow professionally. They also trust her because she always follows through on her promises.
After reading the case, answer the following questions: Total of 5 Marks
1. The other nurses trust her judgment because she has a track record of successfully treating patients and she is considered an expert in many aspects of nursing. What element of credibility is most relevant in this instance? And Why? (1 Mark)
2. The other nurses trust her because she always follows through on her promises. What element of credibility is most relevant in this instance? And why? (1 Mark)
3. The other nurses also trust her to make good decisions because she stays aware of each nurse’s career goals and she gives them assignments that will help them grow professionally. What element of credibility is most relevant in this instance? And why? (1 Mark)
4. If Amal makes several mistakes when treating patients, what element of credibility is most likely to suffer? And why? (1 Mark)
5. If Amal takes sick leave but her colleagues see pictures on Instagram of her in a birthday part, what element of credibility is most likely to suffer? And why? (1 Mark)
Two Phrases That Indicate Your Boss Is Not Listening To You
One of the biggest predictors of whether an employee will be engaged at work is the extent to which they feel like their boss listens to them. But sadly, we’ve all had (or are having) the experience of a boss who doesn’t listen to us. And I’m not talking about really blatant situations (e.g. they literally turn away from us or roll their eyes), but rather those situations in which the boss acts like they’re listening but hears nothing we say.
I recently witnessed just such a case. An executive, let’s call him “Pat,” was holding a town hall meeting to discuss the company’s recent, and disappointing, employee engagement survey results. About 40 employees showed up to the meeting. He kicked things off by saying, “Welcome, everybody. As you know, I’m having this meeting today because I want to hear your concerns directly. I’m here to listen about your issues with your supervisors, so fire away.”
One employee raised his hand first and said, “With the recent cost-cutting, I think we’ve all got concerns about whether we’re going to have jobs next year.” Pat quickly responded, “Oh, I hear you. You think you’ve got problems? At least your wages are ones that other companies will pay. But I’m the VP and I’m over 50, so when you combine my high salary with my age, I’m going to have a really tough time finding a job. But hey, life’s not fair, right?”
Then another employee raised their hand. “I actually have a different concern. My supervisor tells me that I’m supposed to bring her any suggestions for improvement, but when I do, it’s like she doesn’t listen to me.” Pat responded, “I know how that feels, but I don’t want you to worry, because those feelings will pass and you will get over it.”
Source: Forbes Magazine
Think about how well this manager listened in high-pressure situation: Total of 5 Marks
1. Explain how well he did at each of the following active listening skills: paying attention, holding judgment, reflecting, clarifying, and sharing. (2.5 Marks) Suggest some strategies to turn this manager into an excellent listener. (2.5 Marks)
Part 2: Writing Exercise
Hi Sales Team,
I look forward to our meeting next Friday. Please come to the meeting with some out-of-the box ideas that really push the envelope. (2) We want to dramatically increase our market share next year. (3) Please plan your ideas in advance so that you bring your absolutely best ideas to the meeting. At the meeting, we will hold a discussion of our primary objectives and make a plan of marketing strategies. (5) Please remember that your ideas are important, helpful, and will contribute to our marketing plan. (6) So, active participation at the meeting is greatly appreciated. I can affirm that we will deliberate until we reach consensus.
Answer the following questions: Total of 5 Marks
1. Which writing style problem is most apparent in Statements 2, 3, 5, and 6? (2 Marks). Fix the issues associated with these statements. (2 Marks)
2. In your opinion, why is it crucial for business writers to follow particular strategies when writing? (1 Mark)
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.